International Health Sciences University Library has 2 libraries with the main library located at the main campus on the 3rd Floor of International Hospital Kampala and the other in the Annex Building at the St. Agnes Academy Primary School.
IHSU library has for over the years been a center for research, training, teaching, learning, support and providing a conducive environment for work and study. Library users have always accessed relevant and up-to-date health related information in both print and electronic format in the most efficient and timely fashion throughout the library's existence.
Through its slogan “Read, Learn and Innovate @ IHSU” library staff have made it a point to avail health care related information while adhering to the technological and educational advancements, thus bring about the general improvement of the students, staffs, researchers and community at large.
Technical Services Division
- The IHSU Library Technical Services Division is responsible for acquiring, accessing, capturing the metadata.
- Preserving the library materials in print and electronic formats to meet the various teaching, learning and research activities of International Health Sciences University.
- Ensuring that all library systems like the OPAC are functioning properly.
Electronic Services Division
This Unit is responsible for
- Identifying, ordering, invoicing, and also maintaining the library’s On-line/E-resources and E-books.
- Maintaining computers in the library.
- Ensuring that library computers are connected to the LAN and WAN.
- Conducting Information Literacy (IL)trainings to library users.
User Services Division
This division oversees the general infrastructure and user behavior in the library.