- Members must mention their valid registered names when borrowing materials. Borrowing must be done in person.
- Members are held responsible for all materials charged to their accounts.
- Members should not use invalid patron accounts or accounts of other members to borrow materials or gain access to other library services.
- Members must not sub-lend library materials.
- Members will be held responsible for any mutilation (including defacement) found in library materials when returned. They must check and report any mutilation found before borrowing.
- Members must return or renew their materials immediately when due or recalled.
- Library materials may be returned at the library issue desk at the specific university campuses from which the materials were borrowed.
- All materials that are overdue and have holds placed against them must be returned immediately. Borrowing, reserving and renewing of all materials will be suspended until the overdue material has been returned.
- Members must ensure that Library materials checked out to them are returned or renewed on or before the date due. Notices sent by the IHSU library serve only as a reminder and non-receipt of the notices does not absolve any Member from paying fines or other penalties as stated in these Rules. Members are encouraged to login at 192.168.1.4 (the online catalog) and use your username and password (got with the help of a library staff) to check their library record regularly.
- Any material that is not returned in response to a final overdue notice would be considered as overdue or lost and the patron responsible will be billed accordingly.
- Library materials are deemed to be on loan to Members until properly checked in at return. Members must verify that the Library material have been properly checked in before leaving the Library.
- Members must report the loss of Library materials immediately to the issue desk of the Library and fines will be calculated, according to the prevailing fines rate, from the date due to the date when the Library material was reported lost or, if subsequently found, till the date the Library material is returned.
- Members who lose Library materials are liable to pay for the current cost of the books (including binding costs, if applicable) as well as administrative and processing charges of the book. Members who lose Library materials which are out-of-print are liable to pay 5% of the initial cost of the lost books (including binding costs, if applicable) as well as administrative and processing charges of the book.
- External members may not have access to some library items in the library.
- Fines may be imposed, and/or library membership may be suspended or withdrawn for any member who breaches any of the Library Rules. Disciplinary action may also be taken against patrons found guilty of breaching the Library Rules.
- All students are allowed 1 online renewals for Library materials.
- Academic staff members are allowed 2 online renewals for Library materials.
- Renewals will not be accepted on the catalog if:
- Item is on hold for another patron.
- Item is long overdue.
- Item has exceeded number of renewals allowed.
- Item has been recalled.
- Renewals through the telephone or email may be accepted.
- Members must check the online catalog to ensure that there are no holds on the item before renewing the item.
- Holds (Reservations)
- Holds can be placed for Library materials.
- Members may place holds on Library materials through the IHSU library online catalog using the “Place hold” function.
- Members must check the online catalog regularly to find out whether the Library materials they have placed on hold are ready to be picked up. IHSU staff and students who have email addresses provided by IHSU MAY be notified by email.
- Held library materials ready for pickup will be kept for 1 night from the date of notification for IHSU staff and students. If it is not collected by the stipulated date the hold will lapse.
- Each Member may place holds on a maximum number of items according to their loan entitlement.
- Members must personally collect Library materials on hold for them.
- Requests through the telephone will not be accepted.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel holds for items.
- A Reserve Books material may be collected before the Library closes.
- The Reserve Books material must be returned after one night and should therefore be returned to the library the next day after being borrowed.
- Members will have to bear the cost of fines for overdues of reserve books.